Amazon is an international e-commerce company headquartered in the United States. With hundreds of millions of customers all over the world, Amazon receives a lot of customer service calls each and every day.
Why Do People Call Amazon Customer Support?
People call Amazon customer support for a range of reasons, including:
- Questions about the status of an order
- Requests for refunds or exchanges
- Help with updating account information
- Questions about charges to debit, credit or gift cards
- Technical support
- Help with Prime membership or services
- Addressing instances of identity theft or fraud
- Help with Amazon gift cards
Best Practices for Calling Amazon Customer Service
While it is possible for customers to call Amazon customer service directly, the company prefers it if you begin your query through its online system.
- After visiting the “Contact Us” page, you can request a callback. You’ll be taken to another page in which you will be asked a series of questions regarding your concern. From there, an Amazon representative will call you to address your issue.
- If you do decide to call Amazon directly, be aware that Amazon will send you a verification text to which you must respond before you can talk to a representative.
- Make sure you have details about your concern in front of you before calling. If you are calling about an order, have the order number handy, along with a list of the products in that order.
- Be prepared to take notes during the call. These can be helpful if you need to escalate your case.
How Do People Feel About Their Calls to Amazon Customer Support?
Amazon generally has a good reputation for providing quality customer service, though some people feel that service levels have become uneven in recent years. Agents usually work to identify problems, correct them and, when appropriate, provide some kind of compensation, usually in the form of a product credit.
Tip: Amazon typically sends out a request for a review of customer service calls and chats soon after a session ends. If you indicate your dissatisfaction, Amazon may reassign your case to a higher-tier representative.
What Kind of Issues Can Amazon Customer Support Resolve?
Amazon customer service can resolve many issues, including approving requests for refunds and exchanges, initiating returns, investigating charges and addressing issues of identity theft and fraud. Customer service reps can also provide technical support and assist members with using online streaming services and Kindle ebooks.
What Can’t Be Resolved by Phone With Amazon?
While most issues can be resolved by phone with Amazon, there are some situations that may require a different approach:
- An Amazon phone representative can approve a return and send you a paid shipping label that you can use to return a product. You will still, however, have to package the item and either arrange for a pickup or bring it to a depot or business that will ship it back to Amazon. In some areas, Amazon partners with other retail stores that can accept your return package.
- In some instances, Amazon may have difficulty delivering a package directly to your home. The most common reason for this is that you and your family are away during the day and cannot sign for packages. If this is the case, you may be able to arrange to have your package delivered to an Amazon locker at a local business.
- Amazon uses some third-party shippers to deliver packages. If your package seems to be in limbo, Amazon can attempt to intervene but does not have the same kind of control over the situation than it does over its own contracted delivery persons.
- Third-party sellers use the Amazon platform to sell products to consumers. If you made a purchase through a third-party seller, you may experience delays as Amazon customer service will urge you to work things out with the merchant, only intervening after a specific amount of time has passed.
What Can I Do If I Am Unhappy With My Call to Amazon?
If your call to Amazon does not go well, don’t give up. You may be able to achieve a resolution that works for you.
- Check your email after your call: You may find an email from Amazon asking you about your customer service experience. Indicating your displeasure will often trigger a response from Amazon and an automatic escalation of your case.
- If you didn’t take notes during your call, jot down what you remember. These details can be useful when re-contacting Amazon.
- Call Amazon again. A different representative may have the skills and knowledge to understand and resolve your case.
- Try contacting Amazon via live chat. You may find it easier to communicate in writing. You’ll be offered the opportunity save a copy of the chat. Do this: The record will be useful as you try to work out your problem with Amazon.
Amazon’s Best Toll-Free/800 Customer Phone Number
This is Amazon’s best phone number, the real-time current wait on hold and tools for skipping right through those phone lines to get right to a Amazon agent. This phone number is Amazon’s Best Phone Number because 1,820,712 customers like you used this contact information over the last 18 months and gave us feedback. Common problems addressed by the customer care unit that answers calls to 1(877)☛558☛7176 include Return an Order, Missing Delivery, Can’t Login, Refund an Order, Dispute a Charge and other customer service issues. The Amazon call center that you call into has employees from Arizona, Washington, North Carolina, India and is open 24 hours, 7 days according to customers. In total, Amazon has 1 phone number. It’s not always clear what is the best way to talk to Amazon representatives, so we started compiling this information built from suggestions from the customer community. Please keep sharing your experiences so we can continue to improve this free resource.
Contacting Amazon – by phone or otherwise
While 1(877)☛558☛7176 is Amazon’s best toll-free number, there are 7 total ways to get in touch with them. The next best way to talk to their customer support team, according to other Amazon customers, is by telling about your issue above and letting us find somebody to help you. Besides calling, the next favourite option for customers looking for help is via firstname.lastname@example.org for Customer Service. If you think this information is inaccurate or know of other ways to contact Amazon please let us know so we can share with other customers. And you can click here if you want to compare all the contact information we’ve gathered for Amazon.